Wednesday, August 27, 2008

101 Goals in 1001 Days

Maybe you've guessed, by taking a look at the post dates on the website, that I'm a big dreamer who struggles with the follow-through. If there were any one thing that I could just magically change about myself, that would be it!

Well, I don't foresee that happening anytime in the near future, but I DO know that dreaming big is always a good thing. With that in mind, I've decided to join the "101 Goals in 1001 Days" bandwagon.

For the full details, go here: http://www.triplux.com/dayzero/default.asp.

Basically, the idea is to come up with a list of 101 things that you wish to accomplish in 1001 days (a little less than 3 years). The time frame is broad enough to be realistic, but not overwhelmingly long. The list should be comprised of goals which are "specific (ie. no ambiguity in the wording) with a result that is either measurable or clearly defined. Tasks must also be realistic and stretching (ie. represent some amount of work on my part)."

As you can see, the list in and of itself is a challenge!

I'll be posting my list and adding a countdown timer here as soon as I get it done, and then will post updates to my various successes and failures as I go.

What about you? Do you have a list? If so (or if you decide to start one) tell me a bit about it and provide a link in the comments section. I'd love to see what some of your goals are, and how successful you've been thus far!

No comments: